3.25.2011

spring clean: mattresses

seen: images from Real Simple

The most recent Real Simple issue has pages of spring cleaning shortcuts.  They promise nearly 30 strategies and products that really work and I'm going to put them to test, starting with mattresses.  It's one of those spots, that although I really love a clean house, I've missed good parts of.  Are you on that?

The shortcut clean: see here.
*I would add washing the bedskirts along with mattress covers.

The long version: see here.
*Given the price of the recommended OdorZyme ($30 with shipping on Amazon), I'm trying Bi-O-Kleen's Bac-Out Stain and Odor Eliminator for under $15.  (We currently use the Biokleen citrus laundry powder, so I'm hoping the spray works and smells just as well.)

Just an extra step or two to put that spring cleaning fever to rest.  

No comments: