10.01.2009

three sisters





Three Sisters:  Having grown up in a healthy home, I have a funny and reoccurring memory of being so thrilled to spend the night.  Simply, it usually meant that after waking up in the morning, the breakfast spread at any given friend's home usually broke from my family's traditional wheat toast, oatmeal, or bran cereal and offered the likes of toaster pastries and sugar cereals.  Luckily, the whole grains and fresh fruit tradition carried over into my own family, but I do find myself occasionally craving those childhood treats.  So when I was tipped off about this Three Sisters cereal, I jumped at the 2 for $5 sale and grabbed a couple of bags.  They're heaven.  For those that don't mind an occasional marshmallow in your oaties, indulge knowing that you can without the trans fats, partially hydrogenated oils or "phony flavors."  And all products are made using renewable wind energy.  Maybe it won't be such a guilty pleasure after all.

No comments: